Sunbeam 6970-33 12 Cup Programmable Coffee Maker
Sunbeam's 12-cup programmable coffee maker (Model: 6970-33) has neat features to make nicely brewed coffee available any time of day. Its 12-cup maximum capacity is best for coffee-drinking households and for small office use. You don't have to wait for the whole pot to brew, however, with its Pause 'n Serve features. You can also preset brewing and rest easy with its user-friendly programs.
- This programmable coffee maker has up to 12-cup maximum capacity.
- The Pause 'n Serve features lets you enjoy a few cups in the middle of the brewing cycle.
- You can easily take out the removable filter basket to make cleaning easy and convenient.
- After keeping your coffee hot for a couple of hours, the machine will automatically switch off with its 2-hour auto shut off feature.
- For quick refills and accurate measurements, dual water windows show you the water level.
- Cord storage hides the electrical cord for a clutter-free space.
- Preset brewing times with the delay brew option that can be scheduled for up to 24 hours in advance.
- This 12-cup coffee maker uses a glass decanter.
- Water filtration takes out chlorine taste in the water.
- 25 paper filters and coffee scoop are included.
This 12-cup coffee maker doesn't use just any carafe but a glass decanter, which a lot of consumers appreciate because it's not easy to break and sports a very nice shape to hold hot coffee safely. The
programmable options also work well. It is easy to preset brewing times throughout the day and the glass decanter pours nicely with its easy grip handle. Filtered water also makes sure that coffee served tastes great. Some parts are also dishwasher-safe, which makes cleaning easier.
The 2-hour auto shut off, according to its users, also prevent burnt coffee. They also like having their own coffee scoop. The water reservoir is also securely covered, making sure that germs and debris won't get in. It brews quickly and has a nice design in black color, which easily hides coffee stains. Very easy to operate, this is one coffee maker that's priced just right for what it does.
This programmable coffee maker lacks some neat features such as the timer and audible signals found in other coffee maker models. Some also prefer the 2-hour auto shut off feature to be optional. When sneaking a cup, using the Pause 'n Serve feature, some people complain about occasional drips. Most features work well, but after some time, some people encounter problems with leaks and diminished capacity. Pros
- brews in a few minutes
- makes good-tasting coffee
- effectively presets brewing time
- black color hides coffee stains
- some parts are dishwasher-safe
- easy to operate
- priced just rightCons
- lacks other nifty features such as the timer, audible signals, etc.
- occasional coffee drips when using the Pause 'n Serve feature
- may leak and overflow
- doesn't have a permanent filter