Proctor-Silex 48574 Automatic Drip Coffee Maker
This 12-cup coffee maker by Proctor-Silex (MODEL: 48574) gives you one stylish coffee brewing machine that offers delicious coffee. You can enjoy flavorful coffee aroma in the morning when you set the programmable clock to brew.
The accessories are also dishwasher-safe, so cleaning it won't be too much of a hassle. The key features offer the basic in coffee brewing.
- This coffee maker can make up to 12 cups of coffee.
- The programmable clock allows you to set the brewing time. You can easily enjoy coffee in the morning even when in a hurry.
- It uses cupcake filters.
- It has the standard 2-hour auto shut off that lets you save on energy and keeps coffee from burning.
- The auto Pause and Serve feature lets you enjoy a cup of fresh brew even though the machine is yet to finish brewing a whole pot of coffee.
- The brew strength selector lets you adjust the coffee taste according to your preference.
- The accessories of this coffee maker are dishwasher-safe.
- The dual water windows make it easy to check for the water level.
It has a simple but elegant design. In black color, it easily blends well with other kitchen accessories. It looks nice to be placed on any countertop. Some also prefer using paper filters than permanent ones. These filters work well for the basket of this coffee maker. Though leaks and coffee drips are common, it's good to know that the coffee basket doesn't leave a puddle under the filter.
Whether you like your coffee strong or weak, you can adjust the coffee taste with the
brew strength selector. This is a neat feature favored by coffee drinkers with varying tastes. The coffee maker also features a programmable clock and LED lights. You can save on energy, avoid accidents and burning your coffee with the auto shut off feature.
This brewer makes delicious coffee. It is easy to operate with its no non-sense control and program. It is also convenient to clean because of the dishwasher-safe accessories. This one dependable coffee maker that can last for years, not to mention that the price is set right for its capabilities and standard features.
You may have some trouble filling the water reservoir. Spills are also common as reported by some users. It seems that the unit is cheaply constructed because of the flimsy quality. It is so light that when you press one of its controls, it easily moves.
The LCD clock is a neat feature but it's too small, making it a bit difficult to view the display. The LED lights are also not that bright. This coffee maker offers just the basic, which is quite understandable given its cheaper price.
When using the Pause and Serve feature, coffee drips may occur. Pros
- low price
- has programmable clock
- makes delicious coffee
- easy to operate
- coffee basket doesn't leave a puddle of liquid
- has neat design
- cupcake filters work well for the basket
- dishwasher-safe accessoriesCons
- LCD clock to small
- LED lights not that bright
- coffee drips occur when using the Pause and Serve option
- cheaply constructed
- easily moves
- hard to fill water in the reservoir
- occasional spills from the carafe