Proctor Silex 48524 Automatic 12 Cup Coffee maker
If you want a coffee maker that doesn't take a lot of kitchen countertop space but is easy on the budget, the Proctor Silex 48524 should included in your shopping list.
This efficient unit offers the right features with no fancy buttons or a complicated control system. Plus, the black exterior makes it a chic addition to any kitchen. Brewing your favorite cup of coffee is easy and hassle-free through Proctor Silex's 48524 coffee maker.
- This coffee maker includes an auto pause and serve function, allowing you to pour a cup of coffee amidst the brewing process.
- The brew strength selector allows you to personalize each batch of brewed coffee.
- Because a permanent filter is included, you don't have to purchase paper filters although you still can use paper filters with this machine.
- The unit's accessories are dishwasher-safe.
- The machine's dual water windows allow you to see clearly the water level inside the reservoir.
- It has the capacity to brew up to 12 cups of coffee per batch.
- The swing away basket is easy to remove.
A reliable coffee maker that boasts of simple features but an efficient heating and brewing system, the Proctor Silex 48524 model includes an automatic pause and serve function. This allows you to enjoy a cup of coffee even if the brewing process is not yet finished.
This feature is also perfect for you if you have the habit of yanking off the carafe
from the unit without checking first if the brewing process is already done. This prevents messy spills that can stain your beautiful kitchen countertop.
Another advantage of this model is that it has dual water windows. This feature lets you see the actual water level inside the reservoir, preventing overpouring when filling up the unit. A permanent filter is also included, helping you save money by not having to buy stocks of paper filters.
However, if you wish to use paper filters, you can still use them with this model. You can even create your own unique blend with the brew strength selector option. Plus, the swing away basket is removable, making the filling and cleaning process easy and hassle-free.
This unit doesn't have a programmable clock, so preprogramming the machine a night before is not possible. It also doesn't have an automatic shut off feature, which is very useful if you have the habit of forgetting to turn off the coffee maker after use. Pros
- Has a brew strength selector
- The switch button is lighted
- Accessories can be washed through the dishwasher
- Dual water windows are included
- A permanent filter is also part of the product
- Paper filters can still be used despite having a permanent filter
- Very affordable and stylish
- Has an automatic pause and serve featureCons
- Doesn't have an automatic turn off feature
- Doesn't include a programmable clock
- Is not very sturdy looking according to some consumers