Proctor Silex 43531 12-Cup Coffeemaker
For a budget-friendly and no-frills coffee maker, check out the Proctor Silex 43531 unit. This coffee maker is equipped with just the right features and an easy-to-understand control system.
Plus, this unit is available in a stylish white exterior, making it the perfect accessory for any modern or minimalist kitchen. First-time coffee maker users or those who want a simple machine should definitely opt for this model.
- This unit is very affordable.
- It has the capacity to brew 12 cups of coffee in one batch.
- The auto pause and serve function allows you to enjoy a cup of coffee even if the brewing process is still going on.
- The dual water windows allow you to see the actual water level inside the reservoir.
- The on button is lighted.
- Both the basket and carafe can be cleaned through the dishwasher.
- A non-stick hot plate keeps your cup of coffee warm for hours.
This coffee maker is perfect for those who want a simple machine that doesn't fail to give them that perfect cup of coffee everytime. Because of its 12-cup capacity, it's perfect for a family or small office who loves to enjoy cups of coffee in the morning and every break time.
You also don't have to get stressed when cleaning this unit because both the carafe and basket are dishwasher-safe. And if you like to take a sip of your favorite coffee even before the brewing process is finished,
simply yank the carafe off from the unit. The brewing process will automatically stop because of the auto pause and serve function, resulting into a spill-free coffee cup and unit.
For a more accuracy when filling the reservoir, simply use the dual water windows to see how much water you will need for each brewing batch. After the brewing process, you are assured of a hot cup for a couple of hours through the model's non-stick hot plate.
Unfortunately, this coffee maker doesn't look very sturdy according to some consumers. The filter cup's spring mechanism has also become an issue for some consumers even if the unit was only used several times. This malfunction then leads to water overflowing back into the machine and sometimes even all over the kitchen countertop.
The unit doesn't also have an automatic switch off feature. This could have been very useful if you tend to forget to turn off your kitchen appliances after use. It also doesn't have a programmable clock.Pros
- Is very budget-friendly
- Has the capacity to brew 12 cups of coffee per batch
- Lighted on button
- Includes a non-stick hot plate
- Uses an efficient heating and brewing system
- Features an auto pause and serve function
- The water reservoir has dual water windows
- Very easy to use with its uncomplicated control systemCons
- Doesn't have a programmable clock
- Doesn't include an automatic turn off feature
- the filter cup's spring mechanism is prone to easy breakage