Mr. Coffee TF5 Four Cup Coffee Maker
The TF5 is a small, 4-cup coffee maker that is perfect for two. This will also work best as a desk coffee maker or a dorm room coffee maker. The TF5 comes with such features as the Brew Pause n? Serve, and the warming plate keeps the pot warm for two hours before shutting off automatically.
- Brewing Pause n? Serve lets you taste your coffee even before the cycle is done.
- The 4-cup capacity makes this unit perfect for a small apartment or dorm room.
- Removable filter basket can be easily lifted up and removed for cleaning.
- Stain-resistant warming plate prevents ugly stains from spoiling the look of your coffee maker.
- Cord storage feature makes storing the machine easy and removes unsightly clutter from the kitchen counter.
- Water level indicator/ window lets you know how much water is needed to be put in.
- The TF5 comes in an elegant black finish that hides coffee spill stains pretty well and does not require daily clean-ups.
Aside from the small size and the compact design which saves on countertop space, the TF5 makes pretty good coffee for something that is small. Brewing is fast and the clean-up is easy. Just rinse with water for daily clean up and use soap and water every two weeks.
For something that is small, the TF5 is pretty durable and lasts longer than some 12-cup coffee makers. The no-frill design is perfect
for those who tend to become confused with machines that come with all sorts of buttons and dials. And with its price, you can easily replace the unit when it breaks down.
The electrical cord is a little short and cleaning the carafe can be difficult because of the small opening. Spills tend to occur when you pour the carafe too fast. The filter tends to break down most often. In some cases, a burnt electrical taste starts to develop after using the unit for several months, which often necessitates getting a replacement of the unit if this taste does not disappear. Pros
- Small and compact, very easy to store on the countertop
- Makes good coffee fast
- Clean up is easy and stains tend to become invisible in the elegant black finish
- No-frill design makes this unit easy to operate
- Very affordable price will not leave you thinking twice about buying another one when your first unit breaks down
- Saves on coffee especially if there are only a few coffee drinkers in the house Cons
- Cleaning the inside of the carafe is difficult because of the small opening which does not fit an adult hand
- Electrical cord is too short for most users so looking for the right spot to place the coffee maker can be inconvenient
- Spills tend to occur when pouring the carafe too quickly
- Burnt taste in the coffee tends to develop after a few months