Mr. Coffee TF13
The TF13 is a 12-cup coffeemaker that comes with a Brew Pause n’ Serve function and an illuminated on and off switch.
- Convenient Brew Pause n’ Serve function lets you get a quick cup of coffee even if the machine is not done with the brewing yet.
- The illuminated on and off switch tells you if the machine is on or not -- very useful when checking on your machine during the night.
- Stain-resistant warming plate easily avoids stains and keeps the pot of coffee warm for an hour or two.
- The cord storage function lets you store the cord neatly to keep the kitchen counter top neat and tidy.
- Glass carafe comes with an ergonomic non-slip handle, water markings, and a non-drip spout.
- The removable filter is easy to clean.
- It comes in a stylish and elegant white finish.
The TF13 looks elegant in its white finish. It makes coffee fast with no burnt taste and can be tasted in the middle of the cycle with the Pause n’ Serve feature.
The ergonomic and non-slip handle makes pouring a cup of coffee easy, and the non-drip spout ensures that you don’t make any mess while pouring yourself a cup of coffee. It’s simple, easy-to-use design makes it perfect for use among the elderly.
There are holes at the back portion of the water reservoir that let water out when they go past the height of the holes, which makes a mess
all over the kitchen counter.
Although the non-drip spout is present, there are times when the carafe dribbles and makes a mess all over the kitchen countertop. Water leaks tend to sprout although the source may be difficult to pinpoint.
Another disappointment is the small opening on the carafe, which makes cleaning by hand very difficult. Grounds also crop up everywhere, from the inner portion of the lid to the water reservoir.
The overcondensation which stays at the back of the coffeemaker tends to flow back into the water reservoir, bringing coffee grounds along with it. Pros
- Elegant in white
- Glass carafe comes with an ergonomic handle that makes handling the carafe easy
- Easy to store under the kitchen cabinets
- Simple design of the controls make this the perfect gift for the elderly because they can learn to program the machine by themselvesCons
- Holes at the back portion of the water reservoir become openings where water passes through when the reservoir is overfilled, creating water puddles all around the machine
- Carafe tends to dribble and spill despite the non-drip spout
- Carafe has a small opening at the top which makes cleaning the inside pretty tricky unless you buy special cleaning brushes
- Grounds crop up everywhere, either sticking to the inner portion of the top lid or floating in the water inside the water reservoir
- The cost could be cheaper, considering there are cheaper units that come with more features and are less prone to spills and dribbling