Mr. Coffee, NL5
Mr. Coffee's NL5-GTF2 is best for personal use and limited coffee needs. You can make up to cups of coffee to perk you up in the morning and last you the whole day. You can also share if there are only a few coffee drinkers in the household or the office. No need to waste a full pot that's enough to serve up to 12 cups if you only need half to keep you going. This 4-cup coffee maker has the basic features you need for making good-tasting coffee.
- Mr. Coffee's NL5-GTF2 can make up to 4 cups of coffee.
- It has a removable filter basket that you can easily pop into the dishwasher.
- The lighted on/off switch tells you if the coffee maker is still working or already off.
- The water level markings make it easier to fill in the right amounts of water needed for the brew.
- The Pause 'n Serve feature lets you enjoy a cup even when in the middle of brewing the entire pot.
- Cord storage easily keeps tangle lines away on your countertop. This feature makes it easy to move the device and store it anywhere.
- A gold tone filter is included.
The favored feature in this coffee maker is the Pause 'n Serve function. It lets you get a cup when in a hurry. Another advantage to this 4-cup coffee maker is that it quickly brews coffee and keeps it warm. The coffee tastes great most of the time.
The design is also simple but elegant. The black color makes it easy to hide
coffee stains and blends well with most appliances. If consumers complain about the diminished capacity of other coffee makers, it doesn't seem to be a problem with this coffee maker model. It has a good size for brewing a half pot of coffee.
The carafe is very easy to clean as well as the water reservoir, which is also easy to fill because of the markings for the water level. It is easy to operate and has a good price for its performance and features.
You also get a bonus gold tone filter. And in case you need help, you can rely on its good customer service for your requests on product replacement or questions about how to use the device.
One complaint among users is that the carafe seems to dribble badly when pouring. And if you pour too quickly, you can expect spills from the carafe. It is also said that the basket keeps moisture in and there may be spills on the hot plate after removing the carafe.
It also lacks other neat features such as the auto shut off, brew strength option, and other programmable options. If you're a coffee junkie, the 4-cup capacity may not be enough. Pros
- good price
- sleek design
- no messy cords lying about with cord storage
- reliable customer service
- bonus gold tone filter
- Pause 'n Serve option
- brews quickly
- keeps coffee warm
- makes good-tasting coffee
- easy to operate and clean Cons
- leaks from the carafe
- carafe dribbles badly
- lacks other neat features (timer, brew strength option, etc.)
- spills coffee on hot plate