Mr Coffee, Model #VB13
The Coffee Maker, 12-Cup, Switch, Black – VB13 comes in a contemporary black styling which fits any kind of kitchen décor. Top features include an on/off switch and a removable filter basket which lifts up easily for cleaning.
- The on/off feature comes with an indicator light that tells you if the machine is turned on or off.
- The removable filter is easy to lift up and clean.
- The Cord Storage feature is handy for keeping the rest of the kitchen counter top free of clutter.
- The water indicator window lets you know if there's enough water in the reservoir and how much water you need to add.
- The Brewing Pause n' Serve feature lets you enjoy a fresh cup of coffee even if the machine is still in the middle of the brewing cycle. The cycle is paused automatically when you remove the carafe from the machine to avoid spills.
- The warming plate is easy to clean.
- Stylish black color and sleek design is perfect for a stylish and modern kitchen.
This machine comes with a simple design with none of the confusing bells and whistles that usually come with more expensive units. This coffee maker is also very cheap, and is very easy to clean. When it comes to handling the coffee, pouring a cup is easy with little spills or messes.
The on and off switch is a favorite of users for its simplicity. The black finish
is perfect for those who don't want the hassle of cleaning up coffee stains from the body of the coffee maker from time to time.
Some users think that this model is very disposable and tends to break down easily, and the fragile heating element is negatively affected by the hard mineral content in the water. The coffee does not come out as hot as desired and tends to cool down quickly.
The coffee maker also tends to overheat when plugged in for prolonged periods of time, which also reduces the life of the machine considerably. In areas where hard water is the norm, regular cleaning with vinegar is a must to prevent clogs in the coffeemaker.
Coffee quality leaves much to be desired. The coffee tends to develop a foul tasting smell the longer you use the machine. Pros
- Very simple design that makes this unit easy to use
- Very cheap
- Handling the coffee with no spills is very easy
- Makes good coffee fast Cons
- The unit is composed of very cheap parts that tend to break down easily
- The heating element breaks down due to the mineral content in the water
- Overheats when plugged in, which reduces the life of the unit and makes it prone to malfunctions
- The coffeemaker produces poor coffee quality. Coffee assumes a foul odor the longer the coffeemaker is used
- Unit is fairly large and may take up a lot of space on the kitchen counter top