Mr. Coffee Maker ISX46 12 cup programmable
The Mr. Coffee ISX46 is a 12-cup coffee maker that comes in a stylish black design with red accents. It is known for its great-tasting brew. Features include Pause 'n Serve and automatic programming that allows you to set the time you want to machine to start brewing.
- The Pause 'n Serve feature lets you get a cup of coffee even in the middle of the brewing process.
- The delay brew feature allows you to set the timer so that you can have a cup of piping hot coffee the moment you wake up.
- You can select the strength of your coffee (weak or strong) with the brew strength selector.
- You can keep the countertop neat with the cord storage feature.
- The on/off audible ready signal informs you when the coffee is ready.
- Dual water windows allow you to accurately read the water level so you know how much water is needed for refill.
- The bright display allows you to see the time even in very dark rooms. The display is bright enough to serve as a nightlight if you are keeping the machine in your room.
There are a number of advantages to this coffee maker, from usable features to ease of use. You can choose the strength of your coffee and how hot you want it to be. The machine looks nice, fits into any kind of counter and slides easily across the counter.
good-tasting coffee, and the flavor changes dramatically depending on the kind of the strength you choose. The brewing time is short and the machine keeps the coffee warm for up to an hour. The automatic shut off is a favorite of those who want to get a cup of coffee on the go.
According to some of users, this model has a very short working life. It tends to start showing problems in a matter of months. Steam and water tends to escape from the top and affects the function of the machine clock and timer.
The cleaning cycle also takes a long time, two hours at the most, and the cleaning solution can be a tad expensive. However, you can do the cleaning manually with a water and vinegar mixture. Grains of coffee also tend to escape into the coffee. The clock is the first thing that goes and is difficult to repair. Pros
- sleek design, floats over the countertop
- produces great tasting coffee.
- can keep the coffee warm for one hour
- can program the machine to produce coffee according to the desired strength
- automatic shut off feature removes the anxiety that comes with forgetting to turn off electrical appliances when in a hurry Cons
- very bright display uses too much power and has no adjustment features to tone down the light
- cleaning cycle takes too long and cleaning solution is very expensive
- grains of coffee tend to escape into the coffee