Mr. Coffee ISTX95 Thermal 10 Cup Coffee Maker
The Mr. Coffee ISTX95 is a 10-cup programmable coffee maker that is known for producing a great cup of coffee in 3 minutes and comes with features like the Pause 'n Serve and the delay brew options.
- The Pause 'n Serve feature allows you to have a good cup of coffee even if the coffee is in the middle of brewing. It simply continues to brew as soon as you put the thermal carafe back in its place.
- Dual water windows allow for accurate reading of the water level so you know exactly how much to put in.
- This coffee maker also comes with a special cleaning cycle that makes the machine easy to clean, with just one touch of a button.
- You can use the brew delay feature to set a time when you want the coffee maker to start brewing. You can set the machine to start brewing 24 hours in advance.
- The removable filter basket is easy to take out for the wash and rinse.
- Cord storage is perfect for keeping the countertop neat when the machine is not in use.
- The water filter takes out particles from the water to make sure you get great-tasting coffee.
- The auto shut off feature keeps the coffee hot before it turns off after 2 hours.
- You can have strong or mild coffee with the brew strength selector.
- The audible red signal tells you when your coffee servings are ready.
- The Fresh Brew Timer will tell you when the coffee has been ready.
This coffeemaker keeps the coffee warm even a few hours after the coffee has stopped brewing because of the thermal pot. The carafe is portable as well, does not
spill, and the whole unit is not prone to leaking.
One reason the carafe is not prone to spills is that it has a button you can press in order to allow the coffee to flow out. Quick brewing and fresh-tasting coffee with no burning are some of the other perks to using this machine. The filter basket is also very easy to clean, just lift and rinse.
The coffee maker display is pretty bright, which can be pretty annoying if the pot is in the same place where you sleep. However, it does make for a nice nightlight in the kitchen. The thermal pot is a little hard to clean because of the small opening. The carafe in some units tend to leak during the brewing and the lid is difficult to screw on. Pros
- sleek and sturdy design
- thermal carafe keeps the coffee hot for two hours
- carafe does not spill with the pour button on the handle
- brews coffee quickly, around 2 to 3 minutes
- coffee strengths can be adjusted according to your preferences Cons
- tends to produce lukewarm coffee if you don?t put in hot water (The directions say that to have piping hot water, you need to fill it with piping hot water for 3 to 5 minutes, dump the water out, and make coffee.)
- no warming plate to keep the carafe warm until you are ready to have your cup
- heating mechanism tends to fail early, causing the machine to burn the water into steam before you can use it for coffee
- though the included water filter is useful when you have really bad water, there is no difference if the water in the area is already good to begin with