Mr Coffee Grind and Brew 12 Cup GBX23
Coffee Maker, Grind & Brew - GBX23 is a stylish coffee maker that can make up to 12 cups of smooth-tasting coffee per batch. This grind and brew machine comes in classic black that will go well with the other appliances in the kitchen.
- This is a 12-cup coffeemaker with programmable features and a removable grinding chamber that is dishwasher-safe.
- Can brew fresh coffee beans or pre-ground coffee beans.
- Comes with a brew strength selector.
- The Brew Pause n’ Serve function allows you to get a cup of coffee even while the machine is in the middle of the brewing cycle.
- 2 hour automatic shut off warms the pot for two hours and shuts off automatically to save on power.
- Cord storage removes the clutter of electrical cords when the machine is not being used.
- Water level markings let you take accurate readings of the water level so that you will know how much water to put in.
The machine produces smooth coffee in the desired temperature and it is easy to clean, especially since the filter is dishwasher-safe. The stylish design is perfect for chic kitchens and it comes with a grinder, which saves you the space compared to having one coffee maker and another machine for coffee grinding.
The grinding chamber is not hard to clean. You can lift the entire chamber up and pop it into the dishwasher for easy cleaning.
Some users complain of a popping noise
several cycles into use. The grinding process also results to more cleanup needed on the coffeemaker parts, since it tends to coat the inside parts of the coffee with coffee grounds.
The coffee comes out with a metallic taste which could be a result of the metal grinder. One also has to clean all the compartments because of the moisture. The coffee also does not come as hot as desired in some units. Other complaints include a very small grinder capacity that will not make possible the 8 cups of coffee stated on the product description, a flimsy lid that is bound to give way after a few uses, and the fact that the machine uses paper filters.
The machine also tends to give a burnt taste to the coffee no matter how low the settings already are. It also tends to drip coffee all over the kitchen counter. Pros
- Great tasting coffee, at the desired temperature
- Filter and grind compartment is dishwasher safe
- Sleek and stylish design
- Saves space because you have the coffee maker and grinder all rolled into one. Cons
- Grinding process takes a lot of time
- Grinding coats the inside parts of the machine with coffee grounds
- Coffee comes out with a metallic taste
- Coffee often comes with a burnt taste in some units even if the lowest temperature settings are used
- Uses paper filters which is a hassle to remove and replace
- Tends to leak coffee all over the counter top