Mr. Coffee FTXSS43GTF Programmable 12 Cup Coffee Maker
The Mr. Coffee FTXSS43GTF (12-cup programmable coffee maker in stainless steel) is a coffee maker with a modern and sleek design that comes with such useful features as the built-in water filtration and the removable filter basket for convenient cleaning.
- The removable filter basket allows you to lift up the basket for easy cleaning.
- The audible ready signal tells you when the coffee is ready so you won’t have to check on your coffee from time to time.
- There’s the two-hour auto shut off feature that keeps the coffee warm for two hours and automatically turns the coffee maker off.
- You can keep your countertop neat when not using the coffee maker by using the cord storage function.
- The display is bright enough to illuminate the other controls in the unit.
- The Pause 'n Serve feature lets you have a cup even in the middle of brewing.
- You can set coffee brewing up to 24 hours in advance with the delay brew option.
- Cleaning is hassle-free with the special cleaning cycle.
- Brew strength selector allows you to brew coffee according to preferred taste.
- Water filtration removes chlorine from water.
- The Fresh Brew Timer tells you when brewed coffee has been ready.
- It includes a gold tone filter.
- Filling water in the reservoir is easy with dual water windows that show the water level.
The permanent built-in filter is easy to take out and can be rinsed in a matter of seconds. You can also use replacement filters, which are inexpensive. You can have a cup of coffee even if the coffee is in the middle of a brewing cycle without having to worry about spills.
Just slide the carafe out,
pour yourself a cup, and slide it back in. Another advantage is that it comes with an audible alarm that lets you get to your coffee the minute it stops brewing.
The display is very bright, one of many complaints on this unit. There is no on or off switch for the display or even an adjustment button. Steam escapes from the top when brewing, and coffee tends to leak out from the bottom after a few cycles of brewing.
Some also say that the clock tends to become a little late after it is turned off. An internal power for the clock display will solve this problem even if the machine is not connected to a power source. After using the brewer for a while, the capacity decreases from 12 cups to only 8. Some features also failt to work properly over time. Pros
- easy to clean permanent built-in filter
- audible signal allows you to do something else while waiting for the coffee to brew (instead of checking on your coffee from time to time)
- sleek and stylish design (perfect for small countertops and stylish kitchens)
- cord storage keeps countertop clutter-free
- keeps the coffee warm after it stops brewing and prevents burning the coffeeCons
- very bright display may be using too much power than necessary
- no built-in power source to keep the machine clock accurate
- some parts that tend to break down early, such as the Pause n’ Serve feature, the water pump, and the heater
- steam can escape and pop the lid open
- capacity for brewing tends to slow down after a couple of cycles, from 12 cups to about 8 or 6 cups.
- does not make full use of the water in the reservoir