Mr. Coffee FTX45 12-cup programmable coffee maker
The Mr. Coffee FTX45 is a black, stainless steel programmable coffee maker known for its convenient features such as the Brewing Pause 'n Serve that gives you great coffee even on the go.
- The Pause 'n Serve feature allows you to get a cup of fresh coffee when the coffee maker is still in the middle of brewing.
- The coffee maker comes with a removable filter basket that is convenient to clean.
- The coffee maker also comes with the two-hour shut-off feature so that you won’t have to worry about forgetting to turn the coffee maker off.
- The water filtration feature is very efficient at removing up to 97% of the chlorine from the water for great-tasting coffee.
- No checking to see if the coffee is done or not. The Fresh Brew Timer informs you when the coffee is done with an audible signal so you won’t have to look into the coffee maker from time to time.
- The brew strength selector allows you to set your coffee’s brewing strength according to your preference.
- Dual water windows make accurate reading of the water level possible.
This coffee maker comes in stylish black and stainless steel design that is perfect for any kitchen. The cord storage allows you to keep the kitchen counter neat when the coffee maker is not being used.
The Pause n’ Brew feature is one of the most favored features, especially by those who like to get a quick cup of
coffee in the morning. You can make your preferred cups of coffee with the brew strength selector.
One of the main complaints is that coffee tends to get stuck and fills up the basket. It then tends to overflow out of the coffee maker and onto the counter. Some buyers have complained of the coffee maker failing to keep the coffee hot, while in some cases, the coffee maker shuts off after making a cup or two.
The coffee maker rarely makes coffee for more than 6 cups, although it is labeled as a 12-cup coffee maker. It also doesn’t always finish the brew cycle, giving you half-brewed coffee that is far from the taste you are looking for. The pump tends to break down after a few months of use, one of the main reasons most users think of poor workmanship when it comes to this model. Finally, pouring in water through the rear opening is hard because of the small water inlet. Pros
- stylish design
- useful features
- filter is very easy to clean
- the timer informs you when brewing is done
- can make weak or strong coffee with brew strength selectorCons
- coffee tends to get stuck and fill up the basket
- coffee tends to overflow
- the coffee maker does not keep the coffee hot for more than a few minutes
- pump breaks easily
- filter and pump replacements may not be easy to find
- bad design of the water opening and the pump