Mr. Coffee DRX5 4 cup programmable coffeemaker
Mr. Coffee's DRX-5, programmable coffee maker - black, is a stylish little brewer that can brew up to four cups per batch and comes with useful features like Pause n' Serve and removable filter baskets.
- One of the key features of the DRX-5 is the Pause n' Serve option, which allows you to have a good cup of coffee even if the coffee is still in the middle of the brewing cycle.
- The removable filter lifts out of the brew basket for easy cleaning.
- The 2-hour auto shut off keeps the machine running for a couple of hours before it shuts off automatically.
- The delay brew feature lets you set when you want the machine to start running so you have the option of waking up to the aroma of fresh coffee early in the morning.
- Dual water windows let you see how much water is left and how much water needs to be replaced.
- The Stay Cool handle makes handling the decanter easy because it doesn't turn hot after brewing.
- The stain-resistant warming plate keeps the pot of coffee hot and is very easy to clean.
- The On/Off indicator lights tell you if the machine is working still or not.
- Cord storage helps you keep the kitchen countertop neat by providing storage for excess electrical wiring when the machine is not in use.
This machine is very handy for dorm rooms and small apartments. With its small size, it is perfect anywhere space is limited.
For a small coffeemaker, it produces pretty good coffee. There is no waste of good coffee because it produces up to four cups per batch.
Aside from being affordable, the DRX-5 is small and easy to clean, does not give a burnt taste to the coffee even if it sits on the warmer for a while. It also brews coffee well.
There are some parts of the machine that break apart earlier than others. The decanter handle tends to be one of the weakest parts of the machine. In most cases, it wears off after six months. Pros
- makes great-tasting coffee fast
- small and easy to store
- useful features like the Pause n' Serve and the Stay Cool handles
- no spills because of the drip-free pouring spout
- timer is also a great addition to this machine (Most 4-cup coffeemakers do not come with a timer feature.)
- four-cup capacity reduces the amount of coffee wasted
- the indicator light tells you if the machine is on or not, even from a distance
- clock is handy for those who want a coffee maker right next to their office desk Cons
- cheaply made, parts tend to fall off after months of use
- some users complain that it takes longer for this coffee maker to make four cups of coffee compared to 12-cup coffee makers
- clock on the front tends to lose a couple of minutes per day in some units, so one needs to frequently check if the clock needs to be reset