Mr Coffee DRX23 12 Cup
The Coffee Maker, 12-Cup Programmable, Black - DRX23 comes with stainless steel accents and some of the features that make Mr. Coffee coffeemakers a favorite of coffee lovers. Top features include the Pause n’ Serve and the Delay Brew features.
- The Brewing Pause n’ Serve makes it possible to have a good pot of coffee even if the coffee is not done with the brewing cycle.
- Removable filter is easy to clean.
- Water level indicator window lets you view the actual level of water left in the reservoir and will give you an accurate idea of how much water to put in.
- On/ off indicator makes it easy to see if the machine is on from a distance.
- Stain-resistant warming plate is also easy to clean and keeps the pot of coffee warm for up to three hours.
- The auto-pause feature temporarily turns off the brewing so that you don’t get messy spills when removing the carafe from the machine.
Those who like to grab their cups of coffee anytime they want would love the Pause 'n Serve function, which allows you to get a cup of coffee without disrupting the ongoing brew.
This programmable coffeemaker model by Mr. Coffee also comes with a delay brew function to time brewing up to 24 hours in advance. Brewing up to 12 cups of coffee, it makes an ideal choice for a coffee-drinking household. It can also be used in the office for those who'd love to have a hot cup during their breaks.
Consumers like the idea that it is fast and easy to use because of its programmable features. Making a fresh batch of brewed coffee is easier with its dual water window that indicates the current liquid level for refill.
The Black DWX23 model is also water filtration
adaptable, effectively removing chlorine from the water. The removable filter makes cleanups easy to do. In case you left the coffee maker on, there's no need to worry. It has a 2-hour auto shut off time, making sure that it won't cause any hazard or consume unnecessary energy.
Compared to other brands and models with almost the same features, Mr. Coffee's DWX23 is also less expensive, making it an ideal choice for budget-conscious consumers.
One of the main complaints is that the one-hour shut-off is not enough time for most who may often find their coffee already cold if they do not get to it after an hour. In cases like this, they may have to turn the machine on or pop a cup in the microwave. The carafe needs to be tipped slowly as well or else it tends to spill coffee down the sides and on to the countertop.
Overflows are also common since the brewing speed is faster than the dripping speed. Overflows also delivers coffee grains all over the hot plate and the countertop. The steam tends to warp the top lid and if not fixed, will allow more steam to escape.Pros
- Permanent filter is easy to clean and saves a lot on paper filters
- Smooth-tasting coffee with no burnt metallic taste
- Water marker is very handy for knowing how much water is needed to be put in
- Black finish on the coffee maker hides coffee stains well Cons
- One-hour shut off feature is not enough time for most coffee drinkers
- Carafe needs to be tipped slowly to prevent spillage
- Overflows are common because brewing time is faster than dripping time
- Steam tends to warp the top lid and lead to deformities in the cover. This could allow more steam to escape if the top lid is not replaced.