Mr Coffee DRTX85 8-Cup, Black, Thermal Programmable
The Coffee Maker, 8-Cup, Black, Thermal Programmable - DRTX85 is an 8-cup coffeemaker with a programmable display that comes with the brew –pause feature. This coffee maker is perfect for a family or household who has lots of coffee-drinking members.
- The double-wall stainless steel carafe keeps the coffee warm even after the machine has stopped brewing.
- The stain-resistant warming plate is perfect for spills.
- The two-hour automatic shut-off warms the coffee for two hours and then automatically shuts off.
- The removable filter basket can be easily lifted up and removed for rinsing.
- Dual water level windows allow for accurate reading of the water level so that you can determine how much water to put in.
- You can keep the countertop free from electrical wires by storing excess electrical cord in the cord storage compartment.
- Pause and Serve function allows you to have your coffee even before the machine has stopped brewing.
- The stainless steel accent is perfect for those who want a stylish and sleek design for their coffee maker.
The auto shut off feature is pretty, handy, and the LED is easy to read. The thermal carafe is also effective at keeping the coffee warm for hours at a time. The simple push-button controls are perfect for those who do not like complicated screws and knobs.
The timer function allows you to program the coffee maker to brew for a specified time so that you can wake up to the smell of coffee in
the morning. The Pause ‘n Serve function is instantly activated when you remove the carafe from the coffee maker and resumes brewing when you slide the carafe back in.
There are a few complaints with the thermal carafe. In some cases, users need to add hot water to the carafe to keep it hot for longer, and the screw-on top of the canister is pretty inconvenient to use and at times is difficult to open. There are leaks between the plastic and metal parts of the carafe.
The coffee filter basket tends to dribble some coffee grounds when it is taken out and if you do not put the carafe exactly right under the spigot, you may see coffee dribbling down the side of the carafe and onto the warming plate.
The unit is pretty large for a kitchen with small countertops. It also tends to stop without finishing brewing cycles after several months of use, according to the experience of some users. Pros
- Auto shut off feature and lighted displays are very handy
- Thermal carafe very effective at keeping the coffee warm for two to three hours
- Simple button controls and the programmable features are perfect for those who want coffee ready in the morningCons
- Screw on top is pretty hard to use and can be problematic for arthritic hands
- The carafe tends to leak between the plastic and metal parts
- Dribbling occurs if you don’t position the carafe exactly right under the spigot
- The unit is large for its capacity