Mr. Coffee DR4 4-Cup
The Coffee Maker, 4-Cup Switch, White - DR4 is a stylish little 4-cup coffeemaker that comes with one of Mr. Coffee’s most popular features, the Pause n’ Serve which allows you to enjoy a cup of coffee even if your pot has not finished its brewing cycle.
- Brews up to four cups of coffee, perfect for a small family or group.
- Pause n’ Serve feature allows you enjoy a good cup of coffee while waiting for your brewing cycle to finish.
- Removable filter basket is easy to lift and clean.
- There’s a dual water window that allows you to accurately read the remaining water level so that you’ll know how much water is left to pour in.
- The pot comes with a stain-resistant cup warming surface that keeps the pot warm.
- Cord storage keeps the cord neatly tucked away when the coffee maker is not in use.
- Lighted on and off switch lets you know if the coffee maker is operating or not.
Aside from the ease of use and the affordability of this unit, it produces great coffee and is perfect for a home of two or a small group. The controls are simple and because there are no programmable features, there is less amount of electronic functions that one needs to worry about.
It doesn’t even have a clock, perfect for those looking to avoid those coffee maker models that have clock and timer displays that are so bright. The unit is also
very easy to clean. And because of its small size, it is perfect for very small kitchens. You can even put it in your bedroom.
This unit does not come with a built-in grinder which may not make it the perfect model for those who like coffee from freshly ground coffee beans. There is no auto-shut off, so this model may not be the perfect unit for the elderly or those who keep on forgetting to turn the machine off.
The mouth of the carafe is also badly designed. It is tapered so that you have to turn the carafe upside down to get the coffee out, which often leads to spills. It is also not available in black, which would be a great improvement given the tendency for spills. Black would easily hide coffee stains. The brew time is also slower than more advanced, adjustable coffee makers. Pros
- Simple design, no electronic functions so nothing needs to be programmed
- Small enough for a small family or a dorm room
- Easy to use, easy to clean
- Easy to store in a small kitchen Cons
- Carafe is badly designed, one needs to turn the whole carafe upside down to get coffee into a cup
- Not available in black
- The white finish tends to accentuate coffee stains
- Brew time is slower compared to other coffee makers
- There is no auto-shut off, which makes it the wrong model for elderly buyers or those who are always in a hurry in the morning