Mr Coffee DR12 12 Cup Switch Coffee Maker
The Coffee Maker, 12-Cup Switch, White - DR12 is a coffeemaker that comes in a simple, easy-to-use design. Top features include the Brewing Pause n’ Serve and the auto shut off feature.
- The Brewing Pause n’ Serve is perfect for those who are in a hurry to get a cup of fresh coffee in the morning and cannot wait for the brewing cycle to finish. Once you pop the carafe back into the machine, the brewing cycle resumes.
- The removable filter basket allows you to lift out the brew basket for easy rinsing.
- Dual water windows show you how much water is in the reservoir so you know how much water you need to add.
- The stain-resistant warming plate is easy to clean.
- Cord storage feature allows you to keep the countertop neat when the washing machine is not in use.
- The on/off light with a switch lets you know if the machine is on or not.
- The auto shut off keeps the coffee warm for a few hours and then automatically turns off.
The Coffee Maker, 12-Cup Switch, White - DR12 is a basic coffeemaker but it is perfect for making less than five cups of coffee or a pot for many guests. Perfect for a small family, the coffee maker is easy to wash and is very durable for the price.
It is also good for making 2 to 3 pots of coffee per day. Replacement filters and carafes can
be found in appliance stores. The Pause n’ Serve feature is activated once you remove the decanter from the machine.
The white finish tends to show stains fast, and the carafe is pretty hard to clean. The decanter is also a dribbler. You cannot pour a decent cup without spilling some onto the countertop. The auto shut off feature tends to fail.
Although it produces a good cup of coffee, it will not likely satisfy the palates of true coffee enthusiasts. The noise is also another issue when the machine is brewing. The noise gets louder the longer you use the machine. The machine also takes longer to brew the longer you use it. Pros
- Sleek, stylish white design
- Easy to clean filters and filter basket
- The warming plate is stain-resistant so cleaning is not very problematic
- Its capacity makes it perfect for a small family
- Can make up to 2 to 3 pots of coffee per day
- Produces good coffee Cons
- The body of the coffee maker comes with a white finish which easily stains
- The carafe has a small opening and is hard to clean
- Pouring the carafe is also very tricky because it tends to spill coffee
- The machine tends to get a little bit noisy the longer you use the coffee maker
- Produces good coffee, but not great coffee that will satisfy most coffee enthusiasts
- The machine takes longer to brew the more you use the coffee maker