Mr. Coffee CG12
If you are looking for the least expensive coffee brewing machine with no bells and whistles, then Mr. Coffee's CG12, 12-cup switch coffee maker, offers just that. The basic features let you enjoy hot cups of java within a reasonable amount of time.
- This switch coffee maker can brew 2 to 12 cups of coffee.
- It has a detachable filter basket that makes cleaning a breeze, making sure that there are no residue.
- The Pause 'n Serve feature lets you sneak a cup even when brewing for the whole pot is not yet finished.
- The on/off indicator light tells you when the machine is on or no longer working.
- Dual water windows makes it a lot easier to check the water level in the reservoir for refill.
- The stain-resistant warming plate not only makes coffee warm but makes it easy to clean as well.
- Water filtration is available for removing the chlorine taste in water to serve better-tasting coffee.
- Cord storage helps tuck away the plug and cord to keep the countertop tidy and safe.
For its cheaper price, you won't be disappointed with its nice design. It can easily be placed on any counter. It also has a durable carafe that's quite easy to clean.
Some consumers also said that its simplicity is one of its main advantages. It is fairly easy to operate, though it lacks more advanced features such as programmable settings. It keeps coffee warm, some say, even to your
final cup. The warming plate not only prevents staining but can also withstand water spills without burning.
This 12-cup switch coffee maker is an option for those who are under a strict budget or looking for a quick replacement for their broken coffee makers.
For its price, you can't expect it to have a lot of features. It has no clock and delay brew option. There's also no option for the coffee strength. However, the auto shut off, according to some, should be a standard in coffee makers. Unfortunately, this doesn't have one. Though the filter basket can be lifted, it is a bit difficult to clean because of the grooves inside.
Despite the water filtration option, some say that it only makes average-tasting coffee. It also makes some noise when brewing. There are reported spillage from the decanter and the back of the coffee maker.
To avoid leaks and overflow, you have to be very careful in using the machine and pouring from the carafe. For its price, it is also said to be cheaply constructed.Pros
- low price
- simple and easy to use
- durable full size carafe
- nice design
- warming plate doesn't easily burn despite spills
- keeps coffee warm Cons
- makes some noise when brewing
- makes average-tasting coffee
- doesn't have a lot of features such as the auto shut off option, brew strength selector, timer, etc.
- reported spills and leaks when not used with basic care
- cheaply constructed
- filter a bit difficult to clean