Mr Coffee 4 cup TF4
The TF4 is a 4-cup switch coffee maker that comes with such features as the Brew Pause n’ Serve and the water level indicator window. This is the perfect model for personal use or for a small apartment or dorm room.
- The Brew Pause n’ Serve feature lets you taste your coffee even before it has finished the brewing cycle.
- The stain resistant warming plate avoids coffee stains and is very easy to clean.
- There is only one button on this machine and that is the lighted on and off switch which tells you if the machine is on or off.
- Removable filter easily lifts out of the machine for easy cleaning and filling.
- The dual water reservoir is perfect for knowing how much water is left in the reservoir without the need for guesswork.
Size is the main advantage to this 4-cup coffeemaker. Good for four cups, the TF4 is perfect as a desk coffee maker or for a dorm room. It does not waste coffee because you only brew what you can consume. It also does not take up a lot of space on the kitchen counter due to its small size.
Another advantage is that you can accurately know how much water is needed to fill the reservoir with the dual water window reservoir. You can also warm the water by keeping the lid up. This way, the water cycles through the reservoir when the machine is running.
good coffee for something so small and comes in clean white finish. The parts are easy to clean, especially the removable water filter. The design is attractive and sturdy.
One of the main complaints is the design of the carafe which encourages spills. It needs to be poured slowly and with caution to prevent dripping from the side. The brewing time is also slower compared to the time stated in the description.
Another bad point is that the longer you use the coffee maker, the more it tends to develop this burnt electric flavor that does not taste good at all. There’s also a small notch at the back of the machine that is designed to prevent overfilling of the machine with water. When you overfill the machine, it tends to spill out through the notch and spill onto the counter.
Finally, there is no auto shut off feature which could be a deal breaker for those who keep on forgetting to turn their machine off before leaving for work in the morning. Pros
- Small size, compact and stylish design in white
- The dual water window reservoir is perfect for knowing how much water you need to put in
- Warm the water by making it go through the reservoir
- Pot is easy to clean Cons
- Carafe spout design encourages spills
- Notch at the back of the machine becomes a passageway for water when the machine is overfilled and this spills onto the counter
- No auto shut off