Hamilton Beach 49854 Programmable Thermal 10-cup Coffeemaker
For coffee that taste fresh and warm for a long time, the Programmable Thermal 10-cup Coffeemaker (MODEL: 49854) by Hamilton Beach is a good source for a tasty pot.
It comes with a one-touch button for drip-free pouring. The pause and serve function is perfect for busy coffee lovers and the stainless steel finish for those who want something elegant in the kitchen.
- It uses an insulated thermal carafe that keeps the pot of coffee warm.
- It features a programmable timer for waking up to the smell of freshly brewed coffee.
- The pause and serve function allows cups of coffee, even midway through the brewing cycle.
- The automatic shut-off is useful for those who tend to forget to turn off the machine before going to work.
- It has adjustable temperature controls for the perfect cup of coffee.
- It also makes iced coffee, aside from hot brewed coffee.
- It has a large clock display.
- The no twist lid is for easy and instant serving.
- The unit comes with a three-year warranty.
- Instant serving is possible with the push-and-pour lid.
- The 8-12 cup basket-style coffee maker filters.
This 10-cup coffeemaker model has a large capacity and comes with a stylish and durable design. Aside from being not bad to look at with the sophisticated stainless steel finish, the model comes with a no-twist lid that makes pouring coffee easy and convenient.
The digital display is also large and easy to see. The carafe is easy to clean and the whole unit is easy to store because of its compact design.
With its programmable feature, you can set when you want the coffee maker
to start brewing coffee, whether early in the morning or in the middle of the day.
The auto shut-off feature allows you to rest easy knowing that the machine will turn itself off if you forget to do so, avoiding the risk of fire hazards or wasting a lot of valuable electricity on appliances that you are not using. The base is also effective at keeping the pot of coffee warm.
Although the steel finish makes the unit look good, it can also be prone to rusting, so you need to take care when cleaning and washing the exterior of the coffee maker.
Another common complaint is that the button controls are too small. The digital display is not that bright, and coffee tends to spill when the carafe lid is not in place. Pros
- stylish stainless steel finish
- large capacity with up to ten cups of coffee for each cycle
- easy to use with simple controls and buttons
- easy no-twist lid makes pouring a breeze without any risk of spills
- can easily be stored in a cupboard or underneath the kitchen cabinets on the counter
- the insulation on the thermal carafe makes the pot of coffee fresh and warm even after an hour or two Cons
- power cord is too short
- spills when the carafe lid is not positioned properly
- control buttons are too small
- the stainless steel finish on the carafe is prone to rust when not cared for properly
- difficult to determine the amount inside the pot because the carafe is not transparent
- the large capacity in every pot may not be the best option for one or two coffee drinkers at home