Hamilton Beach 47454 BrewStation Deluxe 12-Cup
For a good cup of coffee without the risk of spills and broken carafes, there’s the BrewStation 47454 Deluxe 12-cup Coffeemaker, which comes with BrewStation’s well-loved "push and pour" feature. This allows coffee lovers to conveniently refill their thermoses without reaching for a carafe.
This 12-cup coffee maker has four brewing options, therma-lined tank, programmable features, and auto shut-off. It also features a mid-brew dispensing system that allows coffee lovers to grab a good cup of coffee even when in a hurry.
The fact that the BrewStation Deluxe 12-cup Coffeemaker does not use a carafe also sets it apart from other coffee makers.
- This coffee maker model is known for its "push and pour" feature.
- It has no carafe, therefore, no spills,
- It has up to 12-cup capacity.
- It features a large digital clock and timer.
- The mid-brew dispensing feature is another worthy addition to the unit.
- It has programmable options (normal, flavor 1, 1 to 4 cups, and decaf)
- It comes with permanent gold tone filters and water filters.
- It features water cleaning and filter replacement indicators.
Convenience is the main advantage of the BrewStation Deluxe 12-cup Coffeemaker. With the push and pour feature, you only need one hand when pouring a good cup of coffee for yourself.
There’s also an adjustable shut-off feature for added peace of mind, along with the timer that allows you to program the machine to turn on for "wake up" coffee.
According to consumers, the mid-brew dispensing feature also makes possible to grab a hot cup of coffee while on the go. There’s no excuse for keeping a dirty coffee maker with the water cleaning and filter replacement indicators.
Consumers also have the added advantage of getting two: both hot coffee and iced coffee from one machine. And unlike other BrewStation models, some say
that dispensing your morning coffee is not messy with this coffee maker.
One of the main disadvantages to the 12-cup Coffeemaker is that when you need to make another batch of coffee, it requires more time to cool down than traditional coffee makers.
Although it does not use a carafe and uses a water tank instead, some complain that the water tank is more difficult to clean. Another common complaint is that taller thermoses with thick lids may not fill properly due to the dispenser design, resulting in spills.
Some customers do not like going through the cycle 3 to 4 times when cleaning the coffeemaker. There is also no audible signal that signals if the coffee is done or if the 4-hour warming cycle is over, which requires you to check on the machine from time to time to see if it is done.
After several hours of brewing, it is said that the brewed coffee seems to develop a mild plastic taste. Pros
- easy to use
- easy to clean
- brews quickly
- easy to view water level markings
- has permanent gold tone filter and water filters
- stylish design for the price
- allows for convenient dispensing of coffee on tall mugs or thermos
- no hotplate to give that burnt coffee taste
- bright digital display
- each component is snug and secure
- parts are easy to remove and reassemble
- remains hot for up to four hours but without any burned taste
- great for regular or travel-sized coffee mugs
- the little rollers at the bottom makes moving the unit easy and convenient, without the need for lifting Cons
- needs time to cool down after brewing last batch
- can be noisy at times
- no audible signal
- water tank a bit difficult to clean
- coffee can have a mild plastic taste