Hamilton Beach 47374 10 Cup Brewstation
The BrewStation 10-cup Coffeemaker (MODEL: 47374) is a stylish coffee maker in black that comes with a programmable timer and a second heater that keeps quality brewed coffee tasting good for longer periods of time.
In the tradition of BrewStation models, it does not come with a carafe but dispenses coffee in the style of conventional water dispensers: you push on the front level with your cup and great-tasting coffee will start flowing through.
Although it is smaller than other models in this brand, the 10-cup capacity is perfect for a family with three or four regular coffee drinkers or a small office.
- The coffee maker has a programmable black digital clock timer.
- It comes with an auto shut-off feature.
- The second heater helps keep your cup of java warm.
- It has a 10-cup capacity.
- The therma-lined tank keeps coffee warm until you are ready for a cup.
- It is designed with a one-hand dispensing feature.
The main advantage of the BrewStation 10-cup Coffeemaker (MODEL: 47374) is the convenience that comes with the push and pour feature. There is no carafe so there is no need for pouring and no risk of spills, which is perfect for a family with small children.
Clean-up is easy when done regularly, and especially with the recommended cleaners, according to its users. The machine also comes in a stylish black design that is small enough to place on any kitchen counter without taking too much space.
Most complaints stem from the weak design and materials used. Most parts break down within a year, particularly the valve. When it comes to cleaning, the manufacturer advises cleaning
parts with vinegar, which is not convenient for most users.
The dispenser lever also tends to be flimsy and easily breaks off. When it doesn’t, the dispenser tends to collect gunk and other debris that require frequent cleaning.
Another disadvantage cited by consumers is that the manufacturer does not offer replacement tanks, valves, and gaskets, so if these parts break down, you may have to buy another coffee maker.
The weak design plus the quality of materials may contribute to the frequent leaks commonly experienced with this model.
When the tank overflows it can reach the back where the electrical circuits are, which can be dangerous. It is also said that the heating unit tends to overheat. Pros
- the 10-cup capacity makes for enough coffee for a mid-sized family or a small office
- stylish design in black
- brews good hot coffee in four minutes and keeps it warm for two hours
- programmable setting is perfect for waking up to a good cup of coffee
- reusable filter works perfectly with the unit and prevents coffee grounds from dripping through to each cup
- takes 2 minutes or less to clean
- good option for the price
- simple and easy to use features Cons
- produces batches of lukewarm coffee that easily becomes cold
- easily breaks down, especially the valves, the dispensing button tends to break easily, either allowing coffee to flow freely from the spout or blocking the flow of coffee entirely
- clean-up often time-consuming
- tends to leak after a few months of use
- need to position the water container just right to avoid leaks
- tends to burn the coffee when the tank is nearly empty