Hamilton Beach 45238 Stay or Go Deluxe Thermal Coffeemaker
For an elegant coffee maker that comes in stylish silver and black in sleek profile, the Stay or Go® Deluxe Thermal Coffeemaker – Silver (MODEL: 45238) combines functionality with aesthetics when giving you a good cup of coffee.
It comes with a simple yet elegant design, with a straight-edged back that becomes rounded at the front. The silver finish accentuates the brightly-lit digital display on the front of the unit.
The Stay or Go Deluxe Thermal Coffeemaker includes travel mugs along with the carafe for added convenience, truly living up to its catchy name. It also comes with the features you see in other Hamilton Beach models such as the auto shut-off function.
- This coffee maker offers three brewing options.
- It comes with an insulated thermal carafe and two stainless steel coffee mugs for coffee drinking on the go.
- It uses a permanent coffee filter.
- The programmable clock and timer allows you to wake up to the smell of fresh coffee in the morning.
- It has the automatic shut-off feature to save on energy and avoid accidents.
- It features a small batch mode for economical use.
- It has a drip tray and features 1-4 cup setting and brightly-lit digital display.
- Aside from hot brewed coffee, it also makes iced coffee.
- It comes with a coffee scoop for easy coffee making.
- The removable filter basket holds regular cupcake-style filters.
- It comes with a three-year warranty
- The water tank at the back is accessible via a flip-up lid.
The main advantage to using the Stay or Go Deluxe Thermal Coffeemaker is its ability to brew directly into any of the travel coffee mugs,
which also easily fit into regular coffee cup holders.
There are guides on the machine itself that indicate where the coffee mugs should be placed to make sure that they collect all the coffee and to avoid spills.
The small batch brewing option eliminates the risk of wasting large cups of coffee by giving you the option of brewing between 1 to 4 cups of coffee. This makes the Stay or Go Deluxe Thermal Coffeemaker good enough for any size of household.
It is often difficult to see the water level with no clear markings indicating the number of cups. Filling the machine with water is also difficult because the water reservoir is located at the back portion of the coffee maker.
Spills tend to occur when the carafe is not securely placed on the base. The Stay or Go Deluxe Thermal Coffeemaker is also larger than other models.Pros
- easy to clean
- stylish design
- also doubles as an iced coffee maker
- comes with two travel-sized coffee mugs aside from the thermal carafe that can hold up to three cups of coffee
- allows direct brewing into the travel mugs perfect for those who are always in a hurry
- small batch mode ensures that no drop of coffee is wasted
- automatic shut-off for peace of mind when you forget to turn the coffee maker
- large backlit display allows for easy operation even at night Cons
- design of the water tank makes filling with water slightly inconvenient
- difficult to determine how many cups of coffee are inside the coffee maker
- too short power cord
- drips and spills tend to occur if the carafe is not properly positioned under the spigot