Gevalia CM-500 stainless steel 12 cup
The Gevalia Stainless Steel 12-Cup coffeemaker is a well-designed machine that can give you great functionality while remaining easy-to-use, convenient, and stylish. Many people were able to avail of a promo wherein Gevalia was giving out these coffeemakers for free along with their coffee.
As a result a number of Gevalia coffee lovers have been able to try out the machine. The Gevalia Stainless Steel 12-Cup has received mixed reviews from customers, but one thing that many of the customers can agree upon is that it can still make a great cup of coffee when setup right.
- The machine has a stylish design with a stainless steel finish and black or white plastic.
- The large glass carafe is big enough to brew up to 12 cups, which is sufficient for practically any coffee lover's household or small offices.
- The machine is compact, yet has a good, wide base with a form factor of 11.5" wide, 8" deep, and 16.5" high.
- The Pause and Serve feature allows you to pause the machine mid-brew to pour a cup of coffee. When you place the carafe back onto the heating plate, it will continue the brewing process where it left off.
- Another great feature of this machine is the auto-off feature, which shuts the machine off once it is done brewing to save electricity.
- The Gevalia Stainless Steel 12-Cup also has a programmable timer so you can set it to start brewing at a specific time.
- Easy to reach controls are placed right on the front panel, on the top half of the machine for ease of
Perhaps the biggest advantage of the Gevalia Stainless Steel 12-Cup coffeemaker is that many of the consumers got it for free. This means that they didn't have to pay a cent, so nothing is really lost if these consumers didn't like the machine too much.
Another advantage of the machine are the auto features, such as the auto off and programmable functions.
The auto off feature means that you won't have to worry about the coffeemaker draining your electricity or becoming a potential fire hazard if you leave if plugged in all day, while the auto program function means that you can wake up to a fresh brew every morning.
The 12-cup carafe makes life easy, since you won't have to keep brewing a new carafe for those days when you have visitors or when everyone seems to be grabbing a cup of coffee.
The biggest disadvantage of this machine is that it feels flimsy. Some consumers complained that the buttons seem like they are going to fall off. The machine seemed to have a light build with thin materials that made it feel cheap and poorly constructed.
Another disadvantage that some consumers have experienced with this coffeemaker is that it would leak water. The biggest complaint that consumers had about the Gevalia Stainless Steel 12-Cup is the poor customer service from Gevalia, which made it a pain to get assistance when needed.Pros:
- Large carafe that fits 12 cups
- Brews a good cup of coffee
- Easy controls
- Auto-off and programmable features
- Came free with promoCons:
- Poor customer service
- Poorly constructed machine
- Leaks water at times