Gevalia® Basic Coffee for Two
The Gevalia Basic Coffee for Two coffeemaker is a machine of duplicity. This unique coffee-making machine is like a two-in-one brewer that has practically two of everything to make for convenience and versatility. Instead of having a single brewing chamber that can only make one type of coffee brew at a time, the Coffee for
The system has two separate brewing chambers, allowing you to brew two different kinds of coffee. If you are looking for a great coffeemaker with versatility, then this could be the right choice. Read on to learn more about the Gevalia Basic Coffee for Two.
- The machine has two separate brewing chambers, allowing you to brew two different types of coffee. For example, you can blue caffeinated coffee in one compartment and decaf in the other, or perhaps dark coffee in one and a lighter brew in the other.
- To compliment the double brewer setup, the machine also has two dispensers, one for each brew chamber.
- Each brewing compartment allows you to brew either one or two cups of coffee, depending on how much you want.
- The brewing chambers are also designed to easily snap off of the main body of the unit, allowing you to easily clean them up.
- The semi-transparent side panel makes it easy to see the water level.
- The machine also has an auto off function to help save electricity and avoid hazards by shutting off once the brewing is done.
- When you purchase the Gevalia Basic Coffee for Two, it comes with two thermal travel mugs that fit perfectly under each brewing chamber. The machine can brew straight into the
The biggest advantage of the Gevalia Basic Coffee for Two is that it allows you to brew two, completely different types of coffee in one machine at the same time. This makes it much easier for homes or offices where the occupants like to have different types of coffee.
The snap off brewing chambers are easy to use, allowing you throw the compartments straight into the dishwasher. The mugs are a welcome addition, especially considering that you can brew straight into them, saving time, effort, and the potential disaster of spilling or dropping the caraffe while pouring into your mug.
The auto off and single or double cup brewing functions are also a great addition to this machine.
Perhaps the biggest disadvantage of the Gevalia Basic Coffee for Two is that it can take some time to get used to how this machine brews coffee. The coffee scoop that comes with the machine is insufficient, especially if you plan on brewing enough coffee for your travel mug.
You may want to try putting 2 or more scoops of coffee into the brewer to see if it comes out strong enough. Another disadvantage is that the filter compartment can be difficult to deal with, especially considering that the filters don't really lock into place, causing clogging and bad filtering.Pros:
- Can brew two different types of coffee
- Pours straight into the travel mug
- Easy to take apart brew chambers for cleaning
- Looks good and works well
- Good value for functionalityCons
- Coffee brew may not be strong enough for some
- Filters and filter compartment are insufficient and badly designed
- Free cups are flimsy