Gevalia 4-Cup Coffeemaker
The Gevalia 4-Cup is a simple, no-frills coffeemaker that does as advertised. This coffeemaker will brew you four cups of coffee, no questions asked.
With the history of the Gevalia name, one can only expect a great product from this well-known and well-established coffee company that dates back to the 1850s.
Although this coffeemaker isn't perfect, it can be of great use in your home, especially if you get it for free like many other consumers have when they subscribed and ordered Gevalia coffee. Read on to learn more about the Gevalia 4-Cup and why you may just want to head out to buy one.
- As you could expect with a name like Gevalia 4-Cup, this coffeemaker has a carafe that fits four cups of coffee.
- The carafe is made of German glass and it has a plastic handle and pouring cover.
- Not only does this machine heat water for a nice, hot brew, but it also has a heating plate under the carafe, to ensure that your coffee stays nice and warm.
- The removable filter basket makes clean up and maintenance easy. Just take the filter basket out and toss it into the dishwasher after a rinse under the sink.
- The Gevalia 4-Cup also has a anti-drip system which stops the coffee dispenser dripping all over the place when the carafe is not in place.
- The filter basket is easy to reach, because it swings out from the body of the machine.
- This machine also has the Pause and Serve feature, which allows you to pause the brewing process midway to remove the carafe and pour a hot cup of joe before replacing the carafe to continue
the brewing process.
- This machine also comes in either black or white to suit the style of the room you'll be placing it in.
One advantage of the Gevalia 4-Cup coffeemaker is that it is a small and compact machine that will fit on most countertops and under most standard height cupboards.
Another advantage of this machine is that it makes four cups of coffee, so you can easily control your brews to avoid making more than necessary. The anti-drip and pause-and-serve features on this machine also make it easy and convenient to use. Consumers also like the fact that this machine is easy to clean and maintain.
The non-stick warming plate helps to keep the carafe and the coffee in it nice and hot. Lastly, the biggest advantage of this coffeemaker is that many consumers get it for free.
The biggest disadvantage of the Gevalia 4-Cup coffeemaker is that it isn't built out of very durable material. Some consumers have had a problem wherein an internal part in the machine seemed to have warped or cracked, causing it to leak. This is a huge problem and there is practically no way to fix it without having the machine replaced or serviced.
This leads us to the next disadvantage: poor customer service. In the past years, Gevalia has gotten a bad reputation for having poor customer service, which is especially a problem if you start to have problems with your machine.Pros:
- Small and compact size
- Brews a great cup of coffee
- Dishwasher-safe filter basket
- Warming plate, drip-stop, and pause and serve functions
- Affordable coffeemaker that's easy to useCons
- Poorly crafted
- Leaks after some time of use
- Poor customer service