Flavia Fusion Coffee Brewer
The Flavia Fusion is a coffee machine that packs more than just coffee-making capabilities. Aptly named the Fusion Drink Station, this coffeemaker is able to brew a whole slew of hot beverages, including coffee, tea, hot chocolate, and much more.
If you are looking for a coffeemaker with a little versatility, then this may be the perfect machine for you. Read on to learn more about the features and function of the Flavia Fusion Drink Station.
- The machine is only meant for single-serve drinks, meaning that you place your cup under the machine's head and you let it pour your brewed drink into the cup.
- The removable reservoir can hold up to 0.4 gallons, which is enough for about six to eight cups per refill.
- The head of the machine is adjustable, allowing you to raise or lower the head to accommodate larger cups.
- The brew-by-pack technology incorporated in the machine makes use of Flavia Filterpacks, which come in a variety of 30 different drinks, including various flavors of coffee, espresso, tea, and chocolate.
- Easy controls, including three modes: one for coffee drinks, another for other drinks, and the third for two-pack drinks (like cappuccino, which requires a milk pack and an espresso pack).
- The reservoir has a filter to ensure clean, hot water.
Perhaps the best thing about the Flavia Fusion is that it can make over 30 different types of drinks, meaning that you won't have to buy different appliances for different drinks.
The large reservoir makes single-serve drinks easier to deal with, since you won't have to keep filling it up for more cups of coffee. The controls are easy to use and are presented well, right on
the top of the machine, where you can see them and reach them easily.
The brew-by-pack technology means that you won't have to worry so much about cleaning up the machine. The brewing is done inside the pack and the head of the machine, then the machine runs hot water and hot air through the brewing chamber to clean it up.
The Flavia Fusion does have a number of of downsides that are basically due to its design. First off, the machine is rather large. If you are looking for a compact machine to fit under your cupboards, then this may not be the right one for you, because the Flavia Fusion is rather tall at 9 by 14 by 13 inches.
Another disadvantage of the machine is that you can't brew your own flavors of coffee, tea, or chocolate. Because the machine only accepts Flavia filter packs, you won't be able to use coffee beans or grinds, fresh tea leaves, or fresh cocoa for your beverages.
Another flaw of the Flavia filter pack system is that you can't find the filter packs in stores. Instead, you have to call up Flavia or visit their website to purchase the filter packs that you want. That being said, there are some good flavors (such as the dark Sumatra coffee), but you can also expect a number of not-so-good flavors as well.Pros:
- Nice design
- Large reservoir for 6-8 cups
- Single-serve makes serving convenient
- Easy controls
- Easy maintenance and cleaning
- Brews various beveragesCons:
- Some consumers complain that the machine makes a mess
- Hit-and-miss on the flavors of filter packs
- Have to order filter packs
- Quite large
- Can't use your own coffees or teas