Cuisinart Grind and Brew DGB-900BC
There are many grind & brew coffeemakers out there. Even Cuisinart has other models. Still, the Burr Grind & Brew thermal 12-cup automatic coffeemaker has a special combination of features for a particular group of coffee lovers. As with any other model, this coffeemaker aims to please but may only be able to hit the target with some, if not many, of its users.
Buy now Include Tags Upload
Like other Cuisinart coffeemaker models, the DGB-900BC is fully automated and fully programmable. It serves up to 12 cups of freshly grounded and brewed coffee. The taste is preserved by the special burr grinder, which is the focus of the DGB-900BC.
Another Cuisinart brew & grind model made use of the water filter to preserve the flavor. The DGB-900 BC makes use of the burr grinder itself to perform that role.
- The Burr Grind & Brew thermal 12 cup automatic coffeemaker serves up to 12 cups of piping hot coffee.
- The DGB-900BC is programmable up to 24 hours.
- The coffeemaker model has a double-wall insulated carafe, for keeping the coffee hot.
- The grinder's movements can be adjusted with the use of the grind control and the strength selector.
- The coffeemaker has an automated shut off.
- It has a water filter.
- It has the Cuisinart patented Brew Pause function, which allows pouring of coffee even before brewing the whole pot.
- It has an 8-ounce coffee bean hopper.
- It makes use of a gold commercial filter.
- The brew can be limited to 2 to 4 cups of coffee.
Burr Grind & Brew users rave about the fresh tasting, hot coffee that they get served with using the said coffeemaker. They love the insulated walls of the carafe that keep their coffee warm and fresh even after a few hours of not
even adding hot water into the brew.
The hopper lock also keeps the coffee beans in one place. So, when you take off the hopper to brush off some coffee grounds, the beans do not spill out.
Cleaning, according to some costumers, is quite easy. You only need to take out the basket assembly every after using and clean it up. This is a whole lot better than having to disassemble all the parts for cleanup every after brewing a pot. There are also a lot of other user-friendly features that make using the Burr Grind & Brew so much fun.
Not everybody is pleased with the Burr Grind & Brew. Others actually find it difficult to keep the coffee warm inside the coffeemaker. It seems, for them, that the thermal coffeemaker feature is not working.
Unsatisfied users also complain about the loud, gritty noise every time the coffeemaker is grinding some coffee beans. Beans also get stuck in difficult to reach places. This makes cleaning up generally difficult.
The fact that the water intake section and the coffee bean intake section are barely separated from each other makes it easy for droplets of water to make the coffee bean intake section soggy and all clogged up.This is quite a mess that would require regular cleanups. A situation like this, if it happens regularly, may make the coffeemaker go bust even before it lasts a year. Some users have actually already complained about the DGB-900BC's short life span.Pros:
- has double-walled insulated in its carafe
- has a water filter
- has easy to disassemble and assemble parts
- is easy to sue
- serves up to 12 cups of coffeeCons:
- thin separation between water intake section and coffee bean intake section
- annoyingly loud when grinding coffee beans
- easy to get messy
Include Tags Upload
Deals on Ebay...
Include Tags Upload