Cuisinart Grind and Brew DGB-550BK 12 cup
by susan williams
Cuisinart DGB-550BK Grind-and-Brew
12-Cup Automatic Coffeemaker
The world of coffeemaking is becoming increasingly modern. Coffeemakers are keeping up with the times and have been for some time, automatic. The 12-cup automatic coffeemaker from Cuisinart is an example of how modern design can be blended with old-fashioned coffeemaking.
The cups of joe that the automated coffeemaker pours out offer a great start for the day. The coffee is tasty and fresh. The Cuisinart automatic can produce twelve cups of that delicious coffee. It is also completely programmable. So, you can choose how you want it to work for you. Its helpful features are encased in a sleek, modern Italian finish.
So what features does the Cuisinart 12 cup automatic coffeemaker have that make it effective? Here they are:
- The Cuisinart coffeemaker can produce up to twelve cups of coffee per brew.
- The coffeemaker is fully programmable.
- The coffeemaker has an elegant Italian design.
- It has an adjustable auto shutoff.
- It grinds whole coffee beans automatically before brewing.
- It has a commercial filter, with a gold tone.
- The coffeemaker is easy to clean because the filter area and grinder chamber are separate.
- It has a charcoal water filter for the removal of debris and impurities.
- It has a 12 cup carafe.
- The coffeemaker's carafe has a dripless spout.
- It has a Brew Pause feature that makes it easy to pour a cup of coffee before the rest of the brew is finished.
Consumers who love their coffee freshly grounded and freshly brewed love the Cuisinart 12 cup automatic coffeemaker. This is because they can put in their whole coffee beans and have it grounded in the same machine before the actual brewing. This feature makes the coffee fresh and tasty, just
as a barista would have prepared it.
You also get to drink your savory coffee in no time at all, despite the fact that you may have grounded the beans first. You may even use pregrounded beans if you like. After enjoying your cup, or cups, of coffee, you can easily clean the coffeemaker. Consumers are also happy to find out that this well-designed coffeemaker is being sold at an affordable price.
Busy consumers do not like the fact that the Cuisinart 12 cup automatic coffeemaker needs to be cleaned after every use. Though easy to clean, the coffeemaker does need to be cleaned after every use to keep on functioning properly.
Consumers may find the price affordable but are disappointed to find that the coffeemaker can get busted after only a few months. Others have this coffeemaker for years but complain about burnt coffee if the brew is made to stay on the hot plate a little longer.
Some consumers complain about the noise and vibration that the coffeemaker produces. They say that the Cuisinart grind and brew model is noisier than some cheaper coffeemakers.
Now, what are the pros and cons of the Cuisinart 12 cup automatic coffeemaker from a more objective point of view?
- modern Italian design
- grind and brew capability
- produces freshly grounded coffee
- has an affordable price
- fast brew
- great features
- keeps coffee hot and fresh
- brew time can be programmed
- produces sticky residue
- needs to be cleaned after every use, focusing on each part
- does not last long
As with other coffeemakers, consumer satisfaction will depend on what features are desired. If a consumer does not mind the noise and the regular cleaning, the Cuisinart 12 cup automatic coffeemaker can prove to be a near perfect choice.