Cuisinart DCC 450 BK Coffee Maker
If you love coffee and you feel that you can't get through the day without that hot cup, then one of your best kitchen appliances is probably your coffeemaker. One company that became known as a reliable brand among coffeemaker manufacturers is Cuisinart. This company was founded in 1971 and has since had its ups and downs.
Today, Cuisinart is known as a manufacturer of various kitchen appliances from bakeware and ice cream makers to pizza ovens and waffle makers. In this article, you will get an overview of one of Cuisinart's coffeemakers, the DCC-450, a 4-cup coffeemaker with a stainless-steel carafe.
Before going into the advantages and disadvantages of this coffeemaker, as well as the consumer likes and dislikes, let's take a look at some of the features that Cuisinart has built into the DCC-450.
- One of the most important features of a coffeemaker is the size of its carafe, which is typically measured in the number of cups that the maker can hold. The DCC-450 has a stainless steel carafe that holds up to four cups of coffee. The stainless steel carafe is designed to have a modern look that compliments the black plastic that the main body of the coffeemaker is constructed from.
- Another helpful feature that can be found on the Cuisinart DCC-450 is the automatic shut-off function. The DCC-450 will turn off automatically after 30 minutes, which is perfect for those who want to set and forget.
- This coffeemaker also has a BrewPause function that allows you to pause the brew while you take the carafe off to pour a cup.
- DCC-450 users also have a choice between using #2 paper filters of #GTF-4 gold tone permanent filters for their coffee.
- One of the best features of the DCC-450 is that it comes with a 3-year limited warranty, which means you can return and perhaps replace your coffeemaker should you experience any defects that do not arise out of misuse.
* The auto-off function - The automatic shut-off function is great for both practical
and safety reasons. For practicality's sake, you can make use of the automatic shut-off function to set the DCC-450 to brew while you go and get ready in the morning. Another advantage of this feature is that it prevents the carafe or the coffeemaker from getting too hot or staying on for too long and running up your electricity bill.
* Ease of use - The Cuisinart DCC-450 is easy to set up and use, which is a major advantage if you are the type who doesn't like to fiddle around with gadgets and gizmos. As expected, it comes with an instruction manual so you can understand your coffeemaker better and get maximum utility out of it.
* Convenient size - With its compact size, the DCC-450 is ideal for homes with one or two coffee drinkers. On the downside, however, the size of the carafe may be too small for larger families, coffee lovers who have multiple cups throughout the day, or settings wherein there are many coffee drinkers (i.e., the office).
* Stainless steel carafe may be disadvantageous - Although the stainless steel carafe helps to heat up the coffee faster, it also has a downside in that it cools down the coffee faster when the carafe gets cold. Furthermore, the carafe becomes extremely hot to the touch and you can burn yourself if you aren't careful.
* Drips and dribbles - Another disadvantage is that the BrewPause function doesn't work too well, with the machine dripping and dribbling onto the heating plate when you take the carafe off.
* Taste issues - Some consumers have had problems with the quality of the coffee produced by this machine. In some cases, consumers have reported a plastic taste, while others have complained of metallic tastes in their coffee due to either the filtering system or the stainless steel carafe itself.Pros:
- convenient size
- auto-off function
- BrewPause function
- 3-year warranty
- works well
- metallic or plastic taste in coffee
- dripping and dribbling from carafe and brewer
- taste of coffee weakens