Chefmate 12 cup coffee maker
(San Diego, CA)
I bought this coffee maker a couple of months ago at Target. Its regular price is $19.99 but it's often on sale for 50 to 75% off, so try and grab it during a sale.
1. Cheap, safe, reliable. I believe the whole unit is cheaper than buying a carafe for one of the more fancy coffee makers out there.
2. No trouble in using it so far - for this price, I'd be happy if it lasted about a year with no issues.
3. Can be used for Tea - Just place 2 tea bags in the place where you normally place coffee. Beautifully brewed tea flows into the carafe!
1. The cup capacity indicator is skewed - it shows 2 cups when I put in one cup of water - you got to learn to add some extra water.
2. The filter cone is slightly different from the standard size coffee filters - so you might find some spillage in the cone if you forget to align the filter properly.
3. The carafe has a weak handle - I have to tighten a screw from time to time to prevent the handle from slipping off - this might not be such a good idea if you're presenting it to people who might drop it.
I have not seen this particular coffee maker in all stores.
You can get one in Target for sure, but if there isn't a Target near where you live, probably find one on Amazon or Ebay.